Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Rediscovering myself in art.

Many years back before I was well into marriage and kids I was an artist. I went to art school and was emersed into the art community. I finished my Associates in Fine Arts and moved on to my BFA. During that time though I met my husband and followed new dreams. Soon kids came, 4 of them, and art was something I appreciated but never found time for. Then this past Christmas (2010) my husband bought me the most awesome gift. A paint set complete with easel. He told me to not make excuses and find time to paint. I pondered for a while on what to paint but one picture kept calling me to it. It was one of our beloved dog we had to put down the day before Thanksgiving the previous year (2009).  So one night around midnight I grabbed a pencil, did a rough stetch, and started layering on paint. I was quite nervous because it had been about 13 yrs since I painted but 2 hours later I was pleased with the outcome.



"Addison"
Acrylic on stretched canvas
11x14

No comments:

Post a Comment